GAMS is a general purpose mathematical modeling language and environment for the simulation and simultaneous optimization of large-scale nonlinear algebraic equation systems.
- available on the NEOS Server, external link: NEOS server (academic use only)
- limited size, free student version available, external link: GAMS for Students
- obtain GAMS, external link: GAMS Trial Version
- no installation requried
Native Environments/Programming languages
- Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, Debian, etc.)
- Mac OS X 10.5-10.9
- Windows XP/7/8
GAMS is available as a command line tool for which an IDE also exists.
- Command line: change directories to model directory and type: gams <runfilename>
- GAMS IDE: Change the current directory to the location of your model files and open your run file (simulation.run or else) inside the GAMS IDE and copy and paste the contents of your run file to the console inside the GAMS IDE.
All user options of GAMS itself are discussed in the GAMS user manual.
Examples using MOSAIC’s GAMS Functions as Equations export can be found in the following publications: