This code generator supplies MATLAB code using fsolve to solve an algebraic equation system. Any function or external function call implemented within MOSAIC is reformulated as an equation by this code generator.
- fsolve (preinstalled with MATLAB)
- TolFun: MATLAB’s option to set the convergence criterion for fsolve. For more information refer to MATLAB’s documentation
- Use Analytic Derivatives: If this option is set to “yes”, MOSAIC provides a symbolic form of the Jacobian matrix to fsolve.
- MaxIter: MATLAB’s option to set the maximum number of iterations for fsolve. For more information refer to MATLAB’s documentation.
Usage for Simulation
- Open an NLE Evaluation in MOSAIC
- Set the variable specs to obtain a degree of freedom of zero.
- Select the Predefined Language Specification “MATLAB NLE”.
- Choose the Code Generator and Solver Properties in accordance with the User Options above.
- Press Generate Code.
- Copy everything from the View Code tab and paste it to a new m-file inside MATLAB’s IDE.
- Save the new m-file
- Press run inside MATLAB’s IDE.
- After completion the results appear in MATLAB’s command line window.
- Copy the lines containing the variable names and their final values and paste them into the Import tab of MOSAIC’s evaluation environment.
- Select the Predefined Language Specification “MATLAB NLE” and press Import.
- The results will automatically update the Initial values in the Variable Specification tab and can be saved for future use by pressing Save As.